- Share information that is useful for prospective clients or employers / employees to enhance your reputation.
- Help others with problems.
- Share tips related to your business and work-life balance.
- Provide selected highlights from a conference or event.
- Report industry, company, world and other news that’s related to your business – with your own feedback.
- Link to articles and content posted elsewhere with a summary of why it’s valuable.
- Combine your social media approach: e.g. when someone asks a question in Twitter, respond briefly with a link to your blog on your website with the detailed response.
- Research prospects before meeting them. You can gain a lot of valuable information just from scanning their tweets, profile and contacts.
Get referrals/give referrals.
- Spread your status updates throughout the day, rather than posting the all at once, as people check social media at different times of the day